Thursday, February 15, 2018

Revisiting U.S. Nationals: Final Thoughts



January 7, 2018:

One final thought on the U.S. Figure Skating Championships this weekend: I would like to thank all the skaters for giving me--and so many others--so much joy and entertainment on a bitterly cold weekend in the northeast when so many of us hunkered down and didn't leave the house at all (not that I would have left the house anyway--5 straight hours of coverage yesterday was a-mazing). It's rare that you have one thing that you're so passionate about for your whole life, and I'm grateful that I found it 24 years ago! The cool that is that I've grown up watching skating and no matter what's been going on in my life, it's has always been there. Through all the sport's milestones, I've been there watching, and for all my life's milestones, skating has been there for me. In a world with so much uncertainty, it's nice to have one constant. All the joy it brings me shines light into any darkness that I might be experiencing. Skating can be a balm over any wound. It inspires me, it rejuvenates my spirit, and it makes me want to chase my dreams and do all things with passion, creativity, good sportsmanship, grace, and humility. So thank you, figure skating, I'm your biggest fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment